Wednesday, April 6, 2011

SSC197

Hi!!
Yeah, it's been a while I know, but I've been super busy!  Haven't stopped crafting (mostly making birthday cards) but was slacking on the posts, Sorry!

However, I have a new card to show off here.  It's for the Saturday Sketch Challenge #197, but I also used the latest Color Inspiration (#153)  from Stamping 411 as well!  Here is the Color Inspiration:


And the Sketch:


And my Card:


Isn't it pretty?  I'm quite happy with it.  And hopefully so will my Aunt be, as she will be getting it very late for her birthday!  (I made it ON her birthday and I live across an ocean from her so mail isn't exactly a day or two!)  But anyway, better late than never, right?  Here's what I used to make the card:

Whisper White CS: 8.5" x 5.5"                                             Scallop Trim Border Punch
Pretty in Pink CS: 5.25" x 4"                                                 Vintage Vogue Stamp Set
Night of Navy CS: 5.25" x 2.5"                                             Well Scripted Stamp Set
Old Olive 5/8" Satin Ribbon                                                  S-A-B Bliss Stamp Set
Vintage Brad                                                                        Filigree Brad
Whisper White Craft Ink                                                      Night of Navy Classic Ink
Pretty in Pink Classic Ink                                                      Old Olive Classic Ink

I did do quite a bit of cutting out shapes with this card, but I didn't have anything else I could have used to keep to the sketch.  I stamped both the flowers from the Vintage Vogue Set first in Pink, then just around the edges with Navy onto Whisper White CS.  I love this technique, but I have no idea what it's called; or even if it has a name!  I cut out both flowers and the Olive Butterfly from the Bliss Set.  I stamped the background decoration from the Bliss Set with Navy onto the Pink CS before adding the Navy CS (punched on the bottom with the Scallop Trim) and Olive ribbon.  The sentiment from the Well Scripted Set was stamped with Whisper White Craft Ink, but if I had thought about it earlier I would have heat embossed it with White as well!  And that's about it!

Coming up next; I have yet another Man Birthday Card... That pickup truck from Loads of Love is really getting a workout!

Thanks for Looking,
Mandy

9 comments:

  1. Ooh, love those colors for rock-n-rolling! The flowers are just beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, that's what it's called! Thanks very much =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool way to do that medallion for the sketch! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's gorgeous!!! I love love love it! and the fact that you combined the two challenges together! So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You rocked both of the challenges! Your aunt is going to adore her card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is totally awesome, beautiful, pretty!!!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, thanks so much for all the feedback!

    ReplyDelete